April 30, 2021
S4:E6 – Mary Church Terrell (Part One)
This episode carries a general content warning for discussion of racism. Timestamps for other potentially triggering content: 08:15 - 08:45 (suicide) 09:40 - 10:00 (rape) 13:40 - 15:15, 15:50 - 16:15 (racist police and gun violence)
- US National Archives page for Mary Church Terrell
- Mary Church Terrell. 'What It Means to be Colored in the Capital of the United States'.
- Mary Church Terrell. A Colored Woman in a White World
- Library of Congress holdings for Church Terrell
- Bobby L. Lovett 'Memphis Riots: White Reaction to Blacks in Memphis, May 1865-July 1866' Tennessee Historical Quarterly 38:1 (1979), pp. 9-33
- Alison M. Parker. Unceasing Militant: The Life of Mary Church Terrell.
- Tyina Steptoe. 'Mary Church Terrell (1863-1964)'. Black Past.
- SNAC (Social Networks and Archival Context) cooperative page for Mary Church Terrell
- US National Archives. Unceasing Militant: The Life of Mary Church Terrell with Alison M. Parker.